VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE AT WINTHROP UNIVERSITY
IS SPONSORED BY THE KAPPA RHO CHAPTER OF BETA ALPHA PSI
The Kappa Rho Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi is sponsoring a free tax preparation service at Winthrop for the 2012 tax return filing season. This is a great opportunity to get your taxes done in a convenient way and it’s FREE! The IRS can even E-file your return right there as long as you qualify. The free service is available to all Winthrop faculty, staff and students (US citizens and non-US citizens).
The free service is through the IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program. VITA program volunteers will be located in the DiGiorgio Student Center lobby (near the information desk) each Friday from 10:00am to 2:00pm starting February 1 through March 29, except for spring break week (Friday, March 15). There is no need to schedule an appointment or fill out forms in advance. Just bring your documentation (see below) to the Student Center at the posted times and the IRS will take care of the rest.
IRS volunteers are trained and tested in current tax law using IRS materials. You can be assured that your federal and state tax returns are prepared quickly and accurately. All you need to do is show up during the scheduled times the IRS is there. Bring the applicable items listed in the box below entitled “What to Bring.” For any questions about the program, contact Beta Alpha Psi at email@example.com
|WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring all form W-2s, 1099’s, and information for other income
- Bring all information for deductions and credits.
- A copy of last year’s tax returns.
- Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (e.g., a voided check)
- Social security cards or individual taxpayer identification notices/cards for you, spouse and/or dependents.
- Proof of identification for yourself and/or your spouse. (For married filing joint returns, both spouses must be present.)
- Total paid to day care providers and their tax ID number.
- Birth dates for you, spouse, and or dependents on the return.
- Proof of foreign status for ITIN.